Today: $3.10/gal. Diesel

Yep.
Today lowly diesel was $3.099 at the local auto oasis - (SF Bay Area) - a dime above premium.
Where will it ever end?

Don't think it will any time soon. It's about $2.49/gal in NC.

You want a violin concert, I suppose. Diesel is pushing USD 6 per US gallon over here (UK). Enjoy it while you can.
DAS
"T.G. Lambach" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
It does hurt when everyone is conditioned to pay a certain amount for fuel, and it's price doubles in a short amount of time however.

Of course. Just remember there's always somebody worse off than you...
DAS
"Jeff" < snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain> wrote in message
news:_hKKe.2$F snipped-for-privacy@fe06.lga...
I hear that form of logic often.
It seems to imply that there is only one person on the planet who can complain because he is the worst off.
I prefer to think in absolute instead of relative terms but apparently, according to Sir Richard Layard in his recent book on happiness and economics, the vast majority base their happiness on their relative position and not on their absolute possessions - which leads to a situation where societies can become far richer and no less happy!
I apologize for the run on sentence.
.
oopsie,
I meant "no more happy".
.
This is right. Which is why Communist Party apparatchiks in the E European countries thought themselves privileged even though they had less than many 'ordinary' people in the west.
I also agree that, taken to its logical conclusion, only the worst off can complain but, in case of fuel price, the lives of Europeans are not so bad, despite high fuel prices, and the US prices are only low because there is little tax on them which means that they may be slapped on at some stage. Which is why I say, "Enjoy the low prices."
I filled up today, at a Shell station in central London.
Standard petrol (95 oct / approx 91 US) was GBP 0.91 per litre and diesel 5 pence more. 98 oct petrol was about the same.
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
If the price of the oil continues as it is... SVO will be a strong contender... It is a pain to do it... but cost alot less!