Towbar & Parktronic

Has anyone with a MB with the Parktronic sensors had a towbar fitted?

Before I go ahead with adding a towbar to my 2004 CLK, I would like to know if it is permanently 'seen' by the rear sensors, rendering them ineffective.

David

Reply to
David J

Hi, I've had a towbar on a W210 and on a Volvo, parktronic did not get confused on either one (even when the detachable towbar is in place). But I would still put a detachable towbar (had one on both).

Of course once you start towing something, you easily get an alarm. The official electrical connections are done in a way that the rear parktronic gets deactivated when you tow something, my car was not wired that way which I think was good, it is easy to forget that you have something at the back and once you put on reverse, you get an immediate alarm (but can switch it off, from the parktronic switch, if you prefer so).

Reply to
Anonymous

The rear parktronic system on the MB only turns on when you shift into reverse.

Tell me you don't plan on backing up with a towbar!!!

Reply to
Karl

Why not?

Reply to