Towing Capacity of 1994 E320 Wagon?

I'm thinking of putting a trailer hitch on my 1994 E320 station wagon to tow a utility trailer that might hold 1,000 pounds of stuff (furniture or garden tractor, e.g.). I'm not sure of the weight of the trailer itself. Is the car built for such a thing? Is it pre-wired for a wiring harness?

John

Reply to
John W. Sharp

The car is safe for up to 3,500 pounds. The self-levelling suspension will level out tongue weight of 350 lbs.

Up to 2,500 pounds total trailer weight you do not need trailer brakes.

The car is not prewired but at any auto parts store or at a U-Haul place, buy an adapter to convert four-wire plus ground car to three wire plus ground trailer wiring, and follow the directions.Leave the trailer harness in the car long, keep it in the right side strorage bin, and bring it out only when needed. The tailgate gasket won't hurt the flat connector wire.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to