trans removal

I pulled both the engine and transmission last night, and Im having trouble pulling the two apart.
They have come about 3/4 of an inch apart, but i cant get the to
seperate all the way, did i miss something?
84 500 sel euro
I think I didnt unbolt the torque converter, how is that done, and where is the so called window