Transmission control unit

Hi,

Mercedes transmission control unit can be flashed with a new software when ever needed, but does anyone know, are the different firmware versions available somewhere to download?

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

How would you flash it to the car? I don't think it is possible without Star Diag, if you have that, you should also have all the SW to flash.

Reply to
Me

I don't know how to flash yet but definitely it is possible with suitable equipment and software.

Are you sure there are the firmware versions together with Star Diagnostic?

If this is true, it makes my project easy.

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

I would assume that you know this better than me, I understand you having experience about dealer service work (in one form or another). Anyway if you connect the car to the star diagnostics system, and if that itself is up-to-date, it should indicate if a new SW is available for different units that can be updated (I guess even ask if the SW update shall be performed). Don't know if you have to select the target unit first, I've only seen the equipment being used, have not used those myself. Definitely no other equipment are needed.

Reply to
Me