transmission not shifting

Hello can anybody help me here, i've recently purchased a 1997 E320 and it's gotta a problem now. it seems to be stuck only on one gear, i think it's 3rd and even if i shift
manually to another gear there is no change. the tranny feels stong and shifts well onto reverse, somebody mentioned the reprogramming of the tranny. i need to know what i can try on my own, or if the reprogramming is necessary, about how much i should be looking at to spend? is there a company out there that sells this program if that is the problem please help... is there an easy fix here?
Well first things first, It 10 years old you just got it how about a filter change. Add some new fluid and then figure out that. Who knows how many miles since its been done. If you take it to a dealer they normally will check when they are doing the change and tell you exactly whats going on.
Where did you purchase it from?
Try disconnecting your battery for a while... like 5 minutes and see if that solves the problem.
I had a similar problem on a CLK320 and was told that there was a bad chip in the transmission controls ... Fortunately, covered by warranty.

I also have a 1997 Mercedes Benz C 230 that is having problems shifiting gears. It is stuck in gear 1, i try using trip tronic but it dosnt work. Please somebody give me a solution to this problem!!!!!!
"Big_Al" wrote