Transmission Problem on W202

HI There,

I got a problem when shifting the lever from Neutral to Drive position. Whenever I shift from N to D, the car jerks and shift into the drive harshly. However, If I shift from neutral to reverse, it shifts very smoothly.

Can anyone advise where the problem is? I have checked the drive shaft and the rubber coupling, and there was nothing wrong or lose.

Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated!

Many Thanks, Joe.

Reply to
Joe

Sean McClain

The shift jerks when the engine is warm as well.

Please help.

Many Thanks, Joe.

Reply to
Joe

Does it do it consistently? My 91 300CE does the same thing most of the time, but sometimes it shifts smoothly. Very weird.

Reply to
Ben

Yes, it does it all the time. The car jerks only slightly, if shifting 'very slowly' from neutral to drive. to let the oil pressure stabilise a bit before shifting to the drive gear fron neutral, and let the clutch to engage slowly.

Any inputs will be welcomed!

Many Thanks, Joe.

Reply to
Joe

Yes, it does it all the time. The car jerks only slightly, if shifting 'very slowly' from neutral to drive. to let the oil pressure stabilise a bit before shifting to the drive gear fron neutral, and let the clutch to engage slowly.

Any inputs will be welcomed!

Many Thanks, Joe.

Reply to
Joe

Having the trans fluid flushed and replaced and replacing the pan gasket helped the problem tremendously. Now it only does it sometimes.. there is still a small leak in there somewhere. Is there any leakage coming from your tranny?

Reply to
Ben