Transmission Removal

84 500 SEL. My rear main seal has went, and oil leaks from where the trans and engine meet(its not a valve cover, i have checked many times). I can unbolt the trans from the engine and everything else.
But is there a way to remove the driveshaft from the output shaft on the trans without removing the 6 bolts? I read a post that tiger made by using a pry bar, but i didn't quite understand what he meant.
LOL... You do have to remove the flex disc bolts... once that is loose, you use the prybar to force the driveshaft back a bit so the "center" post slip out of the tranny shaft and that clears the tranny from the driveshaft.
I have decided to pull both the trans and the engine. I want to fix the leak, as well as re seal tonhe steering box, as it leaks alot too. The car really runs good (minus the high idle). Doesnt misfire. Gonna clean the motor and engine compartment really good while its out too. Kinda lookin forward to doing it.