Transmission service in New York City.

I have a 1990 300e and I need the tranmission rebuilt. I've been reading that you should have a builder that is experienced with Mercedes otherwise you probably will run into problems. I live in
Brooklyn N.Y. and all the rebuilders I have spoken to, claim they can fix it. Can anyone recommend a rebuilder in my area that is honest and can handle the job?
Not really. What I can recommend is that you go to the AAA website and find the list of approved mechanics.
THEN, select a few and go online to the Better Business Bureau and check the status of a few of these candidates.
If both organizations give you a green light, then put your toe in the water.
I would turn on your radio on Saturday morning at 7am and listen to the car radio show on 540 am..... there are about 6 to 7 mechanics on air and they can recommend good shops for you..... be sure to call in early, otherwise you may not get through....

It is either 540 am or 570 am.....