transmission vacuum box missing?

As I continue to get to know my "new" 1984 300sd I have discovered that the transmission vacuum box with the two little levers on top of the valve cover is completely missing.
Also the vacuum line going to a little box in front of the brake booster has been by-passed.
Should I leave this alone or should I replace the vacuum box?
Thanks, Jeff
The line that has been by-passed appears to be the one coming out of the Alda. The Alda has never been messed with.
Thanks, Jeff