transmission W124

Can someone please help me. I've got a 4 speed manual transmission on my

190E W124 MB. I need to replace my output shaft bearing. Will it be possible to do it by removing the end cover on the output shaft side, or will it first be nessesary to remove the box from the car? I dont want to remove this cover and all kinds of springs/ball bearings fly all over the floor. I've got exessive lateral play on this bearing.

Thanks in advance Pieter

Reply to
P. RAUTENBACH