Tribrid?

Some of my friends say that my memory is so good it remembers things that never happened. This may be one of those.
I remember reading a story sometime in the fall of 2003 or
winter of 2003/4 about a Mercedes concept vehicle I would call a tribrid - a hybrid that can also be run as a pure electric and charged from a charger not just its gas engine.
I have been unable to find any reference to such a thing on the web. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
JKA
--
We bartered our privacy away for easy credit;
why sweat our privacy concerns to track terrorists?"