Trick to Remove Console and Dash for 300E (1989)

I need to replace a power window switch and can't figure out how to get inside the center console. Also I need to get behind the dash to replace a light bulb in the insturment cluster, but haven't figured out the trick for
removing that either. I'm afraid to force it for fear of breaking something. With Mercedes... it always something pretty clever, yet simple once you learn how to do it. Thanks

http://www.mercedesshop.com/w124_stereo_removal.htm
Best Regards, Dave Barnhart