Troublesome SLK Roof

Last year, when putting down the retractable roof, the spring/pulley system that operates the small rear deck side flap on the passenger side of my 2001
SLK broke. This week the driver side flap system broke. Have others had this problem or is it unique to my lem... uh particlular vehicle.
Thanks/Carter