Tsk, Tsk.

I suspect many have already seen this, it has been bouncing around the interweb for a long time; It's the film "C'etait un rendez-vous" By Claude
Lelouche. The sound is overdubbed, but the film was made by mounting a camera on the bumper of a 6.9.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid (51488008488190547
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=C%27 était_un_rendez-vous&oldidI337254
John Mauel drives his '94 E320 _much_ more responsibly

This link didn't work for me. Damn furrin character sets. Try:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Lelouche
"He was arrested after his 1978 film, Rendezvous, featuring a Ferrari 275 GTB being illegally driven at speeds approaching 140mph through the streets of Paris, was first shown publicly.
Recent claims made by the director himself, however, suggest he drove his own Mercedes in the film and dubbed the sound effects of a Ferrari 275GTB. Several independent groups have verified that the car in the film never reaches past 140kmh(85mph)."
Richard Sexton <See http://rs79.vrx.net for address> writes:

I was interested to learn from the wikipedia entry that Claude Lelouche is the same director who did "A Man And a Woman."
"Dah dah daaah...dub-a-dub-a-duh, wub-a-dub-ah-duh..."
The male lead in that film was a racing driver, as I recall. (He drove a Mustang.) So Lelouche would certainly seem to qualify as a "car guy."
Geoff
--
"Cherry blossoms fall
Ken finds a woman with a
John Mauel wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=C%27 était_un_rendez-vous&oldidI337254
Woman" with Anouk Aime in 1966. That picture was the essence of racing and showed the first shots of a Ford GT 40. The film was sensational, and his use of color to enhance the happier parts contrasted with a change to B&W for the more serious unhappier parts. Even the theme song inspired me while running through the twisty back roads from Bakersfield, CA to the coast in my new 911.
Your heads up makes me wish I had cable or even DSL! But it's not available where I live and a Dish won't work here in the forest.
Thanks for the info.
James
James O'Riley wrote:

Just curious, James. What model is your new 911? I drove my son's new 911 Carrera this past weekend and I am still dreaming about it!
Hernando
The "Is it fake or isn't it?" debate (see link below video) is amusing.
DAS
"John Mauel" < snipped-for-privacy@SPAMtelusplanet.net> wrote in message