Tsunami.

Page 2 of 3  
Gona have ta talk wif them boyz in tha bak seat an see ifn them kin give a lettle bit. Durn shore wont be no beer frum them ole boyz tho!
mcbrue dryly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Gerald L R Stubbs wrote:

yes
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
greek_philosophizer wrote:

and a fine suggestion as well.
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
greek_philosophizer wrote:

and a fine suggestion as well.
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Personally I wouldn't send a dime to the Red Cross. They are way too top heavy with salaries and only the scandles that reach the press do we know about. I always give to the Salvation Army. Something like 93% of all revenues go directly to help those in need. Good luck anyway.
contains

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I too give to the Salvation Army - This is a good way of helping those in need in your community. However, how could this help in this desperate crisis?
I too hate donating to top heavy charities that use most of the money to expand their bureaucracy. BUT, the Red Cross is the ONLY organisation that I know of that crosses all political boundaries and that has the ability to react quickly in times of crisis. This type of organisation has to have some overhead which also means inefficiency and even some corruption. Others like OXFAM are likely worse.
It is easy to find excuses as to why NOT to contribute. If you don't like the Red Cross, then FIND A WAY - any way that will get some help to those in need!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Here's the good and the bad. The Red Cross as we know it in the US is different than the International RC. You're wrong about the percentages as well. No one, and I mean no one, has overhead costs as low as the Salvation Army. As a reporter I dug into this years ago and the figures handed out by most organizations are pretty much bogus, and padded to their advantage. The good side: The Red Cross does a lot of good compared to most all the other international relief organizations of any size. However, there are many smaller organizations that do an incredible job in situations like the current one in south Asia. Many of these are Christian-based groups who slip under the radar of most media and seek no recognition for their efforts. That doesn't mean non-Christian groups don't help, it's just that in my experience in researching these situations Christian groups seem to be there the quickest with real help. You're right in suggesting that any help is appreciated. Just remember, the muslims in Indonesia and neighboring countries cheered when the twin towers fell. The Buddists and Hindus didn't. Look before you donate.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

So did Jews in New Jersey.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What the heck are you talking about?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp - dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId879-2001Nov22&notFound=true
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Yes, clearly a whole load of the brown stuff. The article is about 11 Israelis who appear to have contravened the terms of their tourist visas and some of whom were photographing the burning WTC towers (now THERE'S a surprise) and "seemingly clowning around".
DAS
--
For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Clearly indeed.
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Now THERE's a cogent, thoughtful and logical counter-argument.

Here's a compilation of the numerous stories about the incident, including over two dozen links to those stories:
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html
Reports from sources as diverse as Atlanta's John Sugg (editor of the newsweekly Creative Loafing) and Fox News' Carl Cameron (Fox News - not exactly a pro-Arab outlet) document that Israelis posing as "art students" attempted to gain access to sensitive US military installations and the homes of defense and military personnel, and shadowed the movements of 9/11 participants including ringleader Mohammed Atta. To paraphrase Kevin Bacon, these are the facts and they are not in dispute.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
The reason I shall amplify my original allegation by saying that you are spouting horse manure is that you claimed that "Jews in New Jersey" were cheering when the twin towers fell. Furthermore, you were suggesting that this cheering was on the same scale as that of certain Muslims.
The article you cited was supposed to underpin your contention.
So, to put it other ways, you're talking bollocks out of your left nostril.
No doubt you believe that "Jews" were warned of the impending disaster and so stayed away from work...
BTW I looked at your second reference and while I have no particular interest in checking every comment for 'urban mythery' I will say that I would agree with the sentiments of the statement that said that the Twin Towers attack gave America a taste of what Israel goes/went through weekly. On a deaths/population scale this was a fair comparison.
That does not mean that I or anyone else of that view takes any pleasure from the attack.
DAS
--
For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

An insightful statement, in a Gulliver's travels sort of way.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And your evidence of cheering Sri Lankan Muslims can be found.... where?
Thought so.

More baseless ad hominem.

Well, only if you want to believe reports from the Israeli press...
http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNow744&contrass ID=/has%5C

Actually, there have been about four times as many Palestinian deaths during the current resistance than Israelis. And when one uses your own guidelines of deaths/population....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Does the oldest Jewish publication in the United States, the Forward, participate in 'urban mythery'?
http://www.forward.com/issues/2002/02.03.15/news2.html
"The FBI came to the conclusion at the end of its investigation that the five Israelis arrested in New Jersey last September were conducting a Mossad surveillance mission and that their employer, Urban Moving Systems of Weehawken, N.J., served as a front."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Martin Joseph wrote:

There is no point in asking that question.
Some people revel in living in an alternate universe of what they want to think
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that's the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

By "some people" you mean the writers and editors for the Washington Post? Fascinating...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Guess you didn't read it. It's about racist americans like you having israelis arrested because they look middle eastern.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.