Tsunami.

What the heck are you talking about?

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Martin Joseph wrote in news:2005010122415016807%mercedes@barknaturalpetcom:

ArchieLeach

Yes, clearly a whole load of the brown stuff. The article is about 11 Israelis who appear to have contravened the terms of their tourist visas and some of whom were photographing the burning WTC towers (now THERE'S a surprise) and "seemingly clowning around".

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

There is no point in asking that question.

Some people revel in living in an alternate universe of what they want to think

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Clearly indeed.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

greek_philosophizer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

By "some people" you mean the writers and editors for the Washington Post? Fascinating...

Reply to
ArchieLeach

"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in news:41d818ec$0$16583$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

Now THERE's a cogent, thoughtful and logical counter-argument.

Here's a compilation of the numerous stories about the incident, including over two dozen links to those stories:

Reports from sources as diverse as Atlanta's John Sugg (editor of the newsweekly Creative Loafing) and Fox News' Carl Cameron (Fox News - not exactly a pro-Arab outlet) document that Israelis posing as "art students" attempted to gain access to sensitive US military installations and the homes of defense and military personnel, and shadowed the movements of 9/11 participants including ringleader Mohammed Atta. To paraphrase Kevin Bacon, these are the facts and they are not in dispute.

Reply to
ArchieLeach

Point taken.

Thanks, Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Guess you didn't read it. It's about racist americans like you having israelis arrested because they look middle eastern.

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Martin Joseph wrote in news:2005010211421775249%mercedes@barknaturalpetcom:

Guess it was "racist Americans" who shut down their business and sent them back to Israel within a week too, huh? Guess it was "racist Americans" like Carl Cameron of FOX News and writers for two dozen other publications reporting that Israeli agents tried to infiltrate US defense installations by posing as "art students" and also shadowed Mohammed Atta and other Al Qaida operatives without communicating either their presence or their findings to US authorities.

Yep, blaming "racist Americans" is always the answer.

Reply to
ArchieLeach

The reason I shall amplify my original allegation by saying that you are spouting horse manure is that you claimed that "Jews in New Jersey" were cheering when the twin towers fell. Furthermore, you were suggesting that this cheering was on the same scale as that of certain Muslims.

The article you cited was supposed to underpin your contention.

So, to put it other ways, you're talking bollocks out of your left nostril.

No doubt you believe that "Jews" were warned of the impending disaster and so stayed away from work...

BTW I looked at your second reference and while I have no particular interest in checking every comment for 'urban mythery' I will say that I would agree with the sentiments of the statement that said that the Twin Towers attack gave America a taste of what Israel goes/went through weekly. On a deaths/population scale this was a fair comparison.

That does not mean that I or anyone else of that view takes any pleasure from the attack.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

An insightful statement, in a Gulliver's travels sort of way.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in news:41d88a30$0$16576$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

And your evidence of cheering Sri Lankan Muslims can be found.... where?

Thought so.

More baseless ad hominem.

Well, only if you want to believe reports from the Israeli press...

Actually, there have been about four times as many Palestinian deaths during the current resistance than Israelis. And when one uses your own guidelines of deaths/population....

Reply to
ArchieLeach

"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in news:41d88a30$0$16576$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

Does the oldest Jewish publication in the United States, the Forward, participate in 'urban mythery'?

"The FBI came to the conclusion at the end of its investigation that the five Israelis arrested in New Jersey last September were conducting a Mossad surveillance mission and that their employer, Urban Moving Systems of Weehawken, N.J., served as a front."

Reply to
ArchieLeach

Well, more often then not, it's reality. Certainly in this case it is.

In case you didn't notice NOWHERE did it say the above mentioned israelis were "jews".

Thanks for the laugh about Fox news too!

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Martin Joseph wrote in news:2005010311275916807%mercedes@barknaturalpetcom:

Well, I could tell you which were Ashkenazic and which were Sephardic, but since you don't understand what those terms refer to, I won't bother.

Reply to
ArchieLeach

No you are not.

And the organization seems unusually ethical in that they just asked people to stop donating for the tsunami victims because they had enough for that particular cause - although I would guess they still have other uses for money. I like that and I will keep them on the monthly donation list.

Here is the link and article:

Medecins Sans Frontiers: Stop sending us money

PARIS - The medical aid group Medecins Sans Frontiers (Doctors without Borders) urged donors Tuesday to stop sending it money for Asian tsunami victims, saying it had collected enough funds to manage its relief effort there.

In an unusual step, the group's branches in France and Germany said they had 40 million and $27 million respectively, enough to finance emergency medical aid projects they were supporting in Sri Lanka and Indonesia.

Their decision surprised other aid groups and drew criticism that it could undercut an unprecedented wave of private giving to provide relief to the region devastated by the December 26 tsunami which has killed at least 150,000 people.

"It's the first time we are led to take this kind of decision," MSF Director General Pierre Salignon said.

"This might seem to run counter to the mood of general mobilization, but it's a question of honesty toward our donors. We don't want to continue to lobby the public for projects that are already financed," he said in a statement.

A spokesman for MSF's German branch, Aerzte Ohne Grenzen, said it had adopted the same policy.

"What shocks me is that you are taking the risk of pulling the carpet under the feet of other aid organizations. Many groups still need more money," said Jean-Christope Rufin, head of the French aid group Action Contre la Faim (Action against Hunger).

"It's a bit irresponsible. We're all in the same boat in humanitarian aid," Rufin told France 2 television.

Some German agencies said they had no plans to follow suit and privately several said they were shocked by MSF's decision.

"MSF mainly provides emergency aid, whereas UNICEF stays on. We build schools, carry out vaccination programs and so on. For us this is just the beginning and that's why we still need donations," said Astrid Prange of UNICEF Germany, which has received more than 10 million euros in pledges.

"Our experience is -- and our feeling is -- that people want to give to this or nothing. It's not that they want to give in general," said Oxfam Germany director Paul Bendix.

Some German aid agencies attributed MSF's move to its focus on providing short term aid, which is treated differently for tax purposes under German law on charitable donations than long-term development assistance.

A spokesman for the German Protestant church charity Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe, which has also received 10 million euros in pledges, said most German charities had been careful to broadly frame their aid requests so that they were not legally tied to providing specific assistance in one country.

MSF in France said it was committed to use money donated for South Asia only there and not for other crises.

"If a person calls us to make a donation, we will tell them that these programs are already financed and that they can make a donation for a different crisis," a MSF spokeswoman said.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

As the head of one of UK's major private aid bodies pointed out a couple of days ago, yes, the tsunami casualties are bad, but a similar number of people die every week from disease and hunger...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" wrote in news:41dd280c$1$19161$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

Yes, but those deaths don't give certain interests from infecting the national dialog with anti-Muslim hatred.

Reply to
ArchieLeach

My thought as well.

Large tragedies seem to be a social Rorsach test of some sort.

Dori A Schmetterl> As the head of one of UK's major private aid bodies pointed out a couple of

Reply to
greek_philosophizer