Tsunami.

Page 3 of 3

Guess it was "racist Americans" who shut down their business and sent them back to Israel within a week too, huh? Guess it was "racist Americans" like Carl Cameron of FOX News and writers for two dozen other publications reporting that Israeli agents tried to infiltrate US defense installations by posing as "art students" and also shadowed Mohammed Atta and other Al Qaida operatives without communicating either their presence or their findings to US authorities.
Yep, blaming "racist Americans" is always the answer.

Well, more often then not, it's reality. Certainly in this case it is.
In case you didn't notice NOWHERE did it say the above mentioned israelis were "jews".
Thanks for the laugh about Fox news too!
Marty

Well, I could tell you which were Ashkenazic and which were Sephardic, but since you don't understand what those terms refer to, I won't bother.
On 2005-01-02 08:05:37 -0800, greek_philosophizer

Point taken.
Thanks, Marty

And the best thing we could do to stop that kind of behavior is to stop our actions which cause it.
And no, I'm not talking about the war in Iraq.
In point of fact, the red cross puts over 90% of revenues into program costs, while the latest report I found from the salvation army (as a religious organization they are exempt from filing the reports evaluators use to compare charities' efficiencies) says they put 83% of revenues into program costs. In my opinion, both are worthy of support.
The earnest one wrote:

there.

All charities must have administrative costs. This covers the people who work in processing stuff, the people who are buyers of materials, the cost of salaried folk who need to be paid the market rate in order to employ the best people, the costs of chartering aircraft, the costs of wharehousing against eventualities, which stuff might lie for years before being called upon and which attracts wharehousing costs - and it goes on and on.
The fact of the matter is that charities are not able to operate without an administrative infrastructure by which they are able to get aid upon the ground in order to help people. Without that infrastructure they could not operate. There are not enough qualified people in the world that are prepared to work for nothing except their lodging and food to support charities.
Charities do not work on profits, but on donations from the public at large and from the occasional government largess. In order to spend the donations to the best effect they have to employ the best people, and that comes at a cost.
I do not resent that cost... it is part of the package.
--
All the best,
Stubbsy.

Dontju jest listen' to what that ole boye sed. He's jus' talkin' out of the wrong end of his body. De Red Cross an the Red Crescent is prob'ly the mos' important crowd out there. Jes take no notice ov the oder boy. If you want ter help, Red Cross is ok.
--
All the best,
Stubbsy.