Turn signal and headlamp question (87 300SDL)

I have an electrical problem that I need a little guidance on solving. This in an '87 300SDL.
When the headlamps are turned on the bulb out lamp illuminates on the
dash. I suspect a loose connexion rather than a bulb being out since repeated walking-arounds show no lights being out. The guy that I purchased the sedan from had replaced the original head lamp assemblies with "Euro-style" units which is why I'm suspicious of a loose connexion.
Last week, I was making a left hand turn with the turn signal engaged, headlamps on. The turn lamps both fore and aft now come on, but do not flash when the switch is engaged. This occurs only when the headlamps are operating or the parking lamps are selected. When the headlamps are not on, the turn signals operate normally.
So, the question is should I look at the relays for the headlamps or consider replacing the headlamp switch? After twenty years, I think that the switch may be a candidate for replacement.
TIA
--
Cheers,
Kurt

snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote in

Thanks, I think that it is wiring related. Switch suspicions are from the hi-beam not engaging all the time and that the indicator bulb (left side) and parking lights 'sticking' on when the headlamp switch is turned on.
--
Cheers,
Kurt

Thanks, I'll lay in a supply of OEM bulbs later today and replace any that look suspicious. Will try the flasher relay too.
--
Cheers,
Kurt

It seems very unlikely that the flasher relay went bad and that there are other problems with other components. That is it's very unusual that several components fall suddenly and simultaneously.
Verify with a volt/ohm meter that the wiring to eh headlights hasn't been botched first. It's a minor truism that the thing that was messed with last is invariably the problem.
snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote in wrote:

Thanks again, as you probably have seen my responses to the other suggestions, I'm first gonna have to find the voltmeter. As to the "minor trusim", methinks that it's one of Murphy's Axioms, yes? Therefore, valid and true and often a painfull experience. <g>
--
Cheers,
Kurt

I just bought a new one in walmart for $30. Even if I cuold find mine it would take hours to do so :-)
And it's a BIG IF.
snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote in wrote:

<BG> I finally found mine in the last place I looked. It has a dead battery, Murphy again.
--
Cheers,
Kurt

I knew that before you found it. It's the first law of automotive voltmetering.