U.S. 2004 S500 DVD Video Hack?

I have a 2004 Mercedes S500 sedan in the U.S.A. According to a technician I spoke with at MB USA the "Command System's" video playback capability is
disabled in the US because there's some kind of law that prohibits video in front of the driver.
What's frustrating about it is the Command System's manual actually describes how to watch DVD videos - adjust the aspect ratio, etc. When I put a DVD in a message is displayed saying something to the effect that the video playback has been disabled to prevent distracting the driver. The DVD does play however, and the sound is incredible. I'm not positive, but I think its even in surround sound!
I asked the MB technician if he knew if a hack exists and he said no...
Anyone know of a way I could get the video to play? I realize I could buy a portable player etc. but would prefer to somehow enable the Command System. I also don't want to install another Command system etc.
Perhaps there's some magic combination of key presses? Or a jumper on some circuit board I could remove???
Thanks.
It is illegal in some states to have a video player in the driver's position. I understand that you may wish to view the video when you are parked, but in NY that is a No No.
USA Owner wrote:

You need the service/upgrade CD, I dont know if the shops in the US has the upgrades that allow dvd-playback though.
--
Thomas

You must send your Comand to Germany. www.megacomm.de Regards
Spain is a beautifull country. What part are you in? Quite an enjoyable place to visit - just wish all of you could understand Spanish. I spoke it a lot when I was visiting and few of you could understand it!
mcbrue linguisticaly and DVDlessly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
MCBRUE wrote:

I hear they also do not care if you grow and smoke cannabis. A beautiful and sensible country!
.
Hi, I write from SPAIN (EUROPE) You must to do 2 things in your Comand, activate DVD playback and disable the unit for watch video in motion. You must to send your unit to germany, check this page www.megacomm.de In other words, you must reprogram your comand via computer, it is not a cd update Regards
Yes it is possible. Send your unit to germany www.megacomm.de Regards