Unimog chassis & engine numbers ....

Hi everyone, where can i find some explanation for engine & chassis numbers, U900 ?
chassis no. ; 406121-10-018837
engine no. ; OM352.XII typzeichen 10143 mot.nr 353.902-10-053088
Some pictures soon, tnx.
--
Dug je zao drug !

marko vrkic wrote:

406121 = MB chassis type 406 subtype 121
According to http://www.cs.brandeis.edu/~zippy/unimog-model-baumuster.html 406.121 is an U65 with OM312 or an U65 w/OM352 or an U70 w/OM352 or an U80 w/OM352 or an U84 w/OM352 or an U900 w/OM352.
1 = Left-hand drive vehicle 0 = Manual transmission
018837 = production number

OM = Oelmotor = diesel engine
mot.nr. = Motornummer = engine number 353 = engine type 902 = engine subtype 1 = engine for left-hand drive vehicle 0 = engine for manual transmission
053088 = production number
Juergen
So there...
:-))) DAS

Thanks. On http://free-ri.htnet.hr/korma/ you can see some pics, I will add some soon with complete new paintjob .
--
"We are the knights who say NI !!! "

marko vrkic wrote:

Thanks for sharing the photos!
Did you buy it in Germany? I ask because the cab is in _Kommunal-Orange_: That is an orange colour often used with maintenance vehicles which are owned by German towns, cities and counties.
If you do dome search on the web you will find out there is an astonishing lot of Unimog-lovers.
Juergen

Previous owner bought it in Germany, he needed some vehicle with crawler gears. It was parked for about 10 years, when we bought it. We are doing almost complete restoration (except engine,only rubber piping) , main purpose will be lihgt fire truck for difficult terrains. If the numbers are correct and no one messed with it, it has about 140.000 km, and one year working hours :-) , and it is in quite good condition. I think it will look very attractive when finished , if you are interested, I will put some pictures with new paint soon .
--
"We are the knights who say NI !!! "

Nice pics.
DAS