Unimog chassis & engine numbers ....

Hi everyone, where can i find some explanation for engine & chassis numbers, U900 ?

chassis no. ; 406121-10-018837

engine no. ; OM352.XII typzeichen 10143 mot.nr 353.902-10-053088

Some pictures soon, tnx.

Reply to
marko vrkic

406121 = MB chassis type 406 subtype 121

According to

is an U65 with OM312 or an U65 w/OM352 or anU70 w/OM352 or an U80 w/OM352 or an U84 w/OM352 or anU900 w/OM352.

1 = Left-hand drive vehicle 0 = Manual transmission

018837 = production number

OM = Oelmotor = diesel engine

mot.nr. = Motornummer = engine number

353 = engine type 902 = engine subtype 1 = engine for left-hand drive vehicle 0 = engine for manual transmission 053088 = production number

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

So there...

:-))) DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Thanks. On

you can see some pics, I will add some soon with complete new paintjob .

Reply to
marko vrkic

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Did you buy it in Germany? I ask because the cab is in _Kommunal-Orange_: That is an orange colour often used with maintenance vehicles which are owned by German towns, cities and counties.

If you do dome search on the web you will find out there is an astonishing lot of Unimog-lovers.

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Previous owner bought it in Germany, he needed some vehicle with crawler gears. It was parked for about 10 years, when we bought it. We are doing almost complete restoration (except engine,only rubber piping) , main purpose will be lihgt fire truck for difficult terrains. If the numbers are correct and no one messed with it, it has about 140.000 km, and one year working hours :-) , and it is in quite good condition. I think it will look very attractive when finished , if you are interested, I will put some pictures with new paint soon .

Reply to
marko vrkic

Nice pics.

DAS