Upper A-arms and lower strut joints

Looks like I need both upper A-arms and both lower strut joints (+ alignment) done on an '83 300D. What would be a fair dollar value to have this work done?

Aren't the bushings in the A-arms replaceable? Or are the A-arms bent?
Seems like an over estimate of work, although this would save some on labor.
Marty
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:34:59 -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:

No bomb damage - just trying to restore the steering to solid useable condition on a sweet old car.
Front end work is pretty much beyond me. I took it to one shop, they said all it needed was the steering box adjusted. It seemed to handle better after they were finished but it still handled poorly in hi-speed (65 mph) driving.
I took it to an MB dealer - they tell me I need the upper A-arms and lower strut joints. They can do the work for me for a bit over $1000. I'm trying to get a handle on the reasonable value for this work before calling other shops.....
Ball joints do wear out... especially the top one. You have to understand that most 300D are exceeding 200,000 miles on the clock and by that time, at least the upper control arm needs to be changed.
Upper control arm is very easy to replace... takes about 1 hour per side. Lower arm is harder to change and alot of safety problems... plus you need right tool to change this. Most likely the mechanic will remove the spring to perform both job. You should consider changing your springs at this time too.