Used BMW, Under $8500

Howdy folks, First time poster here, looking for a little advice.
I am interested in buying a used MB, with a budget of ~$8500. Obviously, this puts me in the 1990's range E and C class (C230/E320)
This *target* car would NOT be driven to work daily, but rather in the evenings and on weekends. Looking to put under 10,000 a year on it, if that.
What would be a good year/millage to start? Is it even possible to get ANYTHING DECENT for that much money?
Thank you all!
Title should say used MB, LOL

Yeah I hear lots of good things about the BMW E320. (See Subject: line).
To answer your question, if you have to ask it, no. If you didn't need to ask it yes.
What that translates into is have somebody FAMILIAR WITH THESE CARS look it over and you may do alright. This is a cardinal rule that if violated gets very expensive very fast. And no, your buddy whose a Healy expert does not count.

Whaaaaaaa?!?! :) But I can synchronize both carbs on your 1999 Mercedes by ear! ;)

A friend of mine bought a 300SEL 6.3. His buddy, a renown Healy expert inspected the car for him.
4 years later that car is still not sorted out. And you don't want to know what he'$ put into it. And it wasn't cheap to start with.

Richard, is your buddy in Vancouver by any chance? I know an excellent benz mechanic around here that is quite affordable.
cp

No, Atlanta. Gary Hurst. He loves talking about this car too. (not).
ahhhh too bad.