Vaccum Tubes?

Can anyone tell me why they have two vaccum tubes going to the ignition switch on the 207D? I imagine that a lot of models would also have this idea.........but why?
I've never known vaccum to go to an igntion switch, its new to me!
Pete St Helens UK
www.sthelensphotographs.co.uk
On pass car diesels, it is how you shut off the engine. One hose [brown] comes from the engine with vacuum. The other hose [brown w/blue stripe] goes to the diaphragm on the end of the injection pump. When you turn the key off, vacuum pulls on the diaphragm and the rack moves to the no-fuel-flow position.

Fiber Optics !!! Benz was way ahead of it's time back then......