vacuum pump rebuild on 300d advice

I took out the vacuum pump on my 1982 300d turbo. I purchased a rebuild kit for it and I am trying to rebuild it. what I've doen so far: I removed the pump from the car and bolted it to a board with a socket
under the lever to release the spring. I then removed the cover and cleaned off the oil and removed the 3 one way valves and the O-rings. I also removed the bolt holding the disc on but I am having some trouble getting the piston off (not sure its correct name). Is there a trick to remove the piston? Are there any other tricks to the rebuild? Thanks in advance.

<snip>
Are there any other tricks to the rebuild?

Here is a nice article with pictures: http://diymbrepair.com/easley/Rebuild_vac_pump.htm
--
Roger Shoaf

If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the
Thanks for the link, I was trying to view this page on the baylor website <http://business.baylor.edu/Richard_Easley/mercedes/welcome.html yesterday but the page could not be found, dead link? I got the pump rebuilt and put back in the car last night, I'll put the power steering pump back in and see if the rebuild works.