Valve Cover Gasket

I am changing my valve cover gasket and would like to get the torque specs for the bolts. Also any helpfull hints on changing the gasket would be appreciated.

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:29:38 -0500, "nathan" wrote:

I am looking at a valve cover gasket question and would like to get the specs for the actual car that needs the bolts torquing. Any helpful hints, like model, year, fuel type would be appreciated. Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8

Haynes manual has the torquing...
hang on...
10 Nm for W201 diesel 2.5L 15 Nm for W201 petrol 6 cyl/4 cyl.

Thank you Mike for your reply.
1987 300 SDL 6 Cylinder Trubo Diesel