valve stem seals Q

hi all, hope someone can help. i have a '91 230te (M102), and am currently refurbishing the cylinder head. my question is, how far down on the valve
guides do the valve stem seals go? do they push down all the way to the bottom (ie, flush against the lower seat for the valve spring), or do they sit about halfway down (ie, where the spring on the seal would seem to align with the groove in the guide)?
needless to say, i didn't look at the old ones before taking them off!
any info much appreciated, as obviously i don't want to put the head back on if i've made what would be a catastrophic error. cheers.
When installing seals,make sure that a small amount of oil can pass through the seal to lubricate the valve guides.Also note that the exhaust and intake valve stem seals are not interchangable and also as a friendly reminder,the head bolts on M102 are stretch bolts and should be no longer than 122mm and if you replace they are 119mm.
atwifa wrote:

thanks but none of that answers my question.