vegitable oil/diesel mix recomended?

All this talk about bio diesel (not readily available in my area) got me wandering. Has anyone used a mixture of straight veggie oil and diesel? if so what were the portions and possible ill effects?
tia
t avanas wrote:

I would be much happier to do this than use biodiesel in a CDI engine given that the fuel pump lining can allegedly be destroyed by traces of petroleum in the fuel.
I guess that the amount depends on the ambient temperature but I have no figures.