Vibration over 70mph and when braking...

Hi all....now I've got the throttle linkage sorted on my '91 190E (1800 manual, UK car), I've noticed another problem! When driving over 70mph, I feel a fair bit of vibration through the car -
most noticeable through the steering wheel, but the whole car is juddering. The problem becomes more apparent when braking - a serious shudder is felt, through the pedal, steering wheel and just generally throughout the car. Have had new front brake discs, and rears have been checked and apparently they are fine.... all wheels are seated correctly on the hubs, so I'm thinking maybe prop shaft needs balancing???? Any pointers/advice appreciated,
Cheers.. Dave
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:12:00 +0100, "David Thompson"

check your tire pressure
Unbalanced front tire (tyre) or warped brake rotor - even though it's new.

absolutely, however went through that myself with my 190 but turned out to be the oversized tires that I had put on for the winter.... I guess they weren't balanced well enough by my local 'big box' garage (Canadian Tire) come to think of it they do a crappy job of balancing tires every time....
in short, make sure your tires are well balanced
cheers, guenter
ok..thanks for the responses.... pressure is good, check them weekly, but balancing and brake rotor will have to be checked out... Cheers guys

There is also another possibility... that is the front lower control arm bushings and ball joint.
| There is also another possibility... that is the front lower control arm | bushings and ball joint. | |
Or a worn damper..
Hi Dave when braking heavy at speeds over 60 mph does the vehicle make a drumming sound and vibrate through the brake pedal and body.If so it might be worht while checking that the rear brake pads are not seized in the calipers causing a high spot on the discs due to corrosion.Once you get the wheels off try pushing the pads back into the pistons to see if they are free.,also check disc face for rust or surface rust spots (internal and external face).
Hey....thanks for that...re-checked my rear discs and found several rust spots correspondng with the position of the pads...I shall crack the wheels off later and chech the pistons out....
many thanks... Dave

Dave the pistons will be free its the pads that seize in the caliper on the slides just file the rust depsits off where the pads sit .