VIN number enquiries (UK)

Looking to buy a used Mercedes in the UK - I have now got the Reg, VIN and engine numbers so that I can perform an HPI check.

Are there any other databases (e.g. a Mercedes-specific one?) where I can get additional information about the vehicle from the VIN - thinking about recalls etc.)?

The vehicle is a E320 CDi Estate (reg Nov 2000).

cheers

Reply to
Jeremy

A gander here

shows a couple of things, including the, rather worrying, 'unintentional deployment of airbag'....

Reply to
DanTXD

Sounds normal to me - it normally accompanies an "unintentional collision".

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Oh ho ho ho :)

Reply to
DanTXD

We've just bought a secondhand car from a dealer and he uses

rather than HPI as it deals with more things than the HPI check such as mileage verification and other things.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

I phoned Mercedes head office (Reading if I recall correctly, or it might be Milton Keynes!), and they took my phone number saying they would call me back with details of any outstanding recalls on my car. Guess what. They did!!!! Within the hour. Give them a try.

Reply to
Stratman

Yes, and all Mercedes dealers should be able to do the same.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Welcome to the Society for Useless Information

DAS Secretary

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling