VIN number enquiries (UK)

Looking to buy a used Mercedes in the UK - I have now got the Reg, VIN and engine numbers so that I can perform an HPI check.
Are there any other databases (e.g. a Mercedes-specific one?) where I
can get additional information about the vehicle from the VIN - thinking about recalls etc.)?
The vehicle is a E320 CDi Estate (reg Nov 2000).
cheers
--

jeremy

A gander here http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp shows a couple of things, including the, rather worrying, 'unintentional deployment of airbag'....
--
Dan
(formerly Dan405)

Sounds normal to me - it normally accompanies an "unintentional collision".
Peter -- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Oh ho ho ho :)
--
Dan
(formerly Dan405)

We've just bought a secondhand car from a dealer and he uses www.experian.co.uk/motor/ rather than HPI as it deals with more things than the HPI check such as mileage verification and other things.
Mogweed.
| Looking to buy a used Mercedes in the UK - I have now got the Reg, VIN | and engine numbers so that I can perform an HPI check. | | Are there any other databases (e.g. a Mercedes-specific one?) where I | can get additional information about the vehicle from the VIN - thinking | about recalls etc.)? | | The vehicle is a E320 CDi Estate (reg Nov 2000). | | cheers | | -- | | jeremy
I phoned Mercedes head office (Reading if I recall correctly, or it might be Milton Keynes!), and they took my phone number saying they would call me back with details of any outstanding recalls on my car. Guess what. They did!!!! Within the hour. Give them a try.

Yes, and all Mercedes dealers should be able to do the same.
--
Remove Xs to reply direct