Vito Rev Limiters?

I have a problem with my Vito. For no reason the engine will suddenly only rev to 3000 revs and will go no further. If I turn off the engine and restart, the engine is normal but not always. Any ideas?

squirtle wrote:

Is it a CDI engine? If so, the Air Mass Sensor is probably the culprit. Nice little earner for MB and its supplier.
squirtle wrote:

Check if there is a clutch pedal switch fitted similar to brake lamp switch but fitted to clutch pedal.They sometimes become dislodged from their fitting and cause low revs.