Vito Towbar Concern

Hello there,
I am looking into buying a used Vito and the model at my local garage is a 108 and has the right options but it also has a towbar. Although
it has only done 40,000 miles should this be a concern? Does the extra stress added from towing a trailer weaken the chassis?
Thanks for your help,
Tim.

Why would it?