voltage regulator

I have noticed that the interior lighting is constantly brighter, dimmer, I checked the voltage at the battery terminals with the car at idol. The voltage is not constant, it moves about in a range of 14.2V
to 14.6. Any advise? Brian
That is good voltage but it should not have went past 14.4V... I would change out the regulator to make sure everything is okay.