Voltage regulator location?

1974 MB 240D - I've been having short-lived headlights, so I'm going to replace the voltage regulator. Only problem is, I can't find where it goes! I look in the engine bay, and see the starter, A/C
compressor, battery, radiator, etc, but no alternator and thus no voltage regulator ... Am I blind?
only look at accessories directly driven by your belts...starter is NOT one of them. (starter is bolted onto the transmissions left side...way in the back)
the alternator, on the 240s I know...if u stand in front of the car looking at the engine bay,
is located at the bottom left side, if it's a BOSCH, the regulator is screwed onto the back of the alternator with two srews and a wire is connected to it.
vacuum pump is top left, steering pump is upper right...waterpump is behind blower, when I recall correctly
good luck finding it. if not..that could be a problem, too...no alternator :O Alx

It might be inside the alternator
at 12:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com (Sunilito) said:

Fred Emmerich
Before going to the expense and trouble you may be better checking the output voltage of the alternator and if it is within limits (about 13.8) it won't be the regulator.
Joe