W108 ignition lock electrical problem.

Hi,
About half the time when I switch my ignition from the lock position tot the nr 2 position the lights do not come on. (and so won't start, no spark) the ignition isn't electrically switched. it's about a 280 SEL 1968.
I took my instrument cluster out to see if I could "easily" check what the failure could be. at the back of the ingition switch is the electrical connection. but this seems to be so thightly fit between the lock and the windshiels fan tubes. I would like the procedure of getting it out/fixed. for some strange reason the switch sets in more often if I fiddle with the headlights switch.
Regards and TIA,
Maurits Obbink.
--
unknown mileage at least 280 K miles