W111 coupe as daily driver

I would consider buying and using a W111 coupe as daily driver (40 mi/day, occasionally 200 mi/day or holidays) because I really do like the styling of these cars.
I would go for a restored or a really good surviving example (no rust bucket), maybe a 280 se or a 3.5 model with A/C and automatic gearbox. Any comments about using these cars as daily drivers (apart from the fuel consumption) ? Are these cars reliable, and comfortable enough for daily use ? Any comments appreciated ! (Please reply to newsgroup)
Werner
werner snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Werner) wrote in message

The cars are great, but IMHO, you're asking for trouble using a 35 year-old gasoline car of any kind as a daily driver...
Ron http://germanstar.net
Werner,
I have just the MB for you. It's a 1969 280 SE. The car is in immaculate condition. If a picture is worth a thousand words, get ready for a good reading experience. The gentleman's Name is Gary. If he still has the car, you can go to this web site and see the car first hand.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?idB89793489
If you have to log in, his
log in ID is : turbomangt01
Password is : ptcruiser
The gentleman's name is Gary. He and the car are located just west of Chicago, IL
Here is his work web site : http://perfectautofinish.com /
I personally I think (IMHO), you can't go wrong with this car. Good luck.
Bill

werner snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Werner) wrote in

A properly restored Mercedes of this vintage is as reliable as cars get. Mercedes only respond well to being driven, as they go bad when they sit.
The going price for a properly restored W111 3.5 coupe is between $40K- $60K. Make sure the rear suspension is in order.