W112 300 se questions

I have seen a 1965 300SE coupé for sale. Unfortunately it does not have the original engine in it (changed for a 280SE unit).
How do I know it it still has the original gearbox and the original
The woodwork around the front window has faded during the years; would this restauration be a DIY-job (assuming I want to spend many hours doing it)?
Regards, Kris