w114/115

what is the difference between a w114 and a w115?

ooh...easy...
all 6 cylinders were w114 (230, 250, 280, 280E) the 230 was later called 230.6 in order to differentiate with the 4 cylinder 230 engine
since all coupes had 6 cylinders...you can say...alle coupes are w114 (250C, 280C, 280CE)
all 4 cylinders were w115 gas: 200, 220, 230.4 diesel: 200D, 220D, 240D so...all diesels were w115, too, even the 5 cylinder 240D 3.0
thats all... this was introduces...because the 6 cylinders were supposes to get a different front facing...but this was never actually done...
alex

Some 115s were 5 cylinder also
JJ
Alex Hemmerich wrote:

he said that, check again!

dude!
read the post....that's what it said..

Sorry, when you get as old as my MB you need glasses to read the screen.
JJ
Alex Hemmerich wrote:

no harm done...sorry for being so hard...had a rough day with the benz...
well, I am 7 years younger than my benz and probably will never catch up :O)
Alex
1969 230 6 cylinder ( so marek...what chassis is it?) ;O)

This is usenet, not for those with thin skins :-) but it is funny how many people will jump on a minor mistake in comprehension as though it were a capital crime. Your apology is appreciated, too few of them around. BTW my Benz is younger than yours, but at almost 1/2 million miles it just seems older than me :-) JJ