W114/115 General Advice Please

OK - I finally got my W115 on my drive, she runs a bit rough, she's a bit down at heel. One of the rear calipers is binding. The front carpets are damp (as is the boot (a touch)). But she's pretty good
for a car that's well over 30 years old. I am looking at restoring her to a nice 'tidy and useable' condition for the spring. An electric fan conversion and an electronic ignition conversion are already on my mind for better economy and reliability.
Are there any specific things that these girls are renowned for? Moisture ingress into the cabin; where do I start looking to track that down - I was thinking newwindscreen rubber (it looks pretty brittle). But, hey! I have not one old Merc, but two! That's almost a fleet... heh heh!! Loving being a two old Merc owner... I just hope my bank manager is as enthusiastic :)
Any thoughts, stories, comments, pointers or warnings would be welcome. I am a complete newbie with the W115 - and being without a workshop manual puts me in a unique position in my motoring career!! Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8