W115 Front Wheel Bearing Tightness

I would very much appreciate if some one could tell me how to ensure the correct tightness of the nut holding the front wheel bearing. I recall that
it should not be "tight" but loose enough that the scalloped washer can be moved by hand. Just want to make sure I don't overtighten it.
Thanks to all.
--
Randall Brink
Author

If you expect it to last you have to use a dial gauge. Do you want to do this again in a year?
Not really, but if I can do it manually, I can have it checked at the MBZ garage. I do not have a dial indicator, although I will get one.
--
Randall Brink
Author