W115 Wheels

I have a 1974 115 240D, and this is the oldest M-B I have ever owned, and there's much I don't know about these years. Right now, I'm trying to determine of the wheels on the car are the proper ones. They are just plain
steel 14 inch wheels. Was that the original equipment, where the hubcap rims and caps were put over them, or did they have the magnesium wheels in 1974?
Randall Brink
Randall Brink wrote:

240D always had steel rims with the painted hubcaps as standard: 5 1/2 J x 14 HB, tires 6.95 resp. 175-14 (4PR), from 1975 on that's 175 SR 14
The original alu wheels from Fuchs were costly options, the look-alikes are much cheaper.
Juergen