W123 Coupe Door Closing

The 230CE is coming along well. The 5-speed was worth the effort. The cruise control works most of the time. The AC is almost ready to fill I just have to add one more fitting. The power windows are nice.

As I am driving it more on thing is frustrating me: With the windows up it is difficult to close the door. It often does not close right the first try and I have to open it ant push hard to get it closed. If the passinger window is open, the drivers door closes nicely. The problem is I'll slam the door if the a window is open because I am used to a harder push when the windows are up.

I tried to check the vent outlet for blockage but I can't find a path for the air to go out. I can only guess that the air must flow out the hole around the rear upper seat belt mount.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Commuter