W123 Exhaust Hanger Hard vs Soft Compound?

I replaced my exhuast a little bit ago and I bought a pile of 8 of them (Exhaust Hangers) off ebay. They are crap, they are all falling apart. The old ones lasted for 10 years, these didn't last 10 months. Now I'm buying
some more stuff off buymbparts.com and I noticed there are two kinds:
Exhaust Hanger Soft Compound $1.16 Exhaust Hanger Hard Compound $1.69
I'm thinking I need the hard compound ones, but want to make sure. Which ones do I have (that suck) and which ones do I need?
Darrell
Thanks
Call them up... I believe the hard compound is the correct one.