W123 Exterior Mirror?

Can a driver side mirror for the 123 series be flipped, allowing it to be mounted as a passenger side mirror...?

zenit

Reply to
zenit

No, it can NOT.

Juergen

zenit wrote:

Reply to
Juergen .

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:06:39 +0200, "Juergen ." had to open a new box of zerones to say:

Well, hell, I guess I'll have to hire a spotter...

zenit

Reply to
zenit

The outside rear-view mirrors of the W123 are identical to those of the R107 (SL) and W116 (S-Class) (and if I don't err also with those of the face-lifted version of the W123's predecessor W114/115 aka Strichacht).

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:27:26 +0200, "Juergen ." had to open a new box of zerones to say:

Thanks Juergen... I've spent the better part of a day on Google and searching the usual suspects (MBZ.org, Benz Bin, etc) without finding a source... I hate driving on Interstates and beltways without the right-hand mirror... Hell, I hate driving on them with the mirror...

zenit

Reply to
zenit

I have a couple of right side 123 mirrors. Original MB, very nice used. Complete with chrome triangle and handle. $25 a piece + postage from Fresno Calif. They mount right on your door after you remove the chrome outer triangle.

Reply to
Karl

How 'bout

? Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Bach

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:54:09 GMT, "Karl" had to open a new box of zerones to say:

Complete with chrome

on your door after

Karl, consider one of them sold... Check your e-mail for my message... Thanks...

zenit

Reply to
zenit

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:34:12 +0200, "Jesper Bach" had to open a new box of zerones to say:

Thanks for the source, Jesper... For some reason, it didn't pop up on Google... I just ran through the site quickly and it looks like they have a lot of the stuff I'm going to need over the next few months...

zenit

Reply to
zenit

Here's a pic of my 'new' right side mirror on a 1973 450SE (W116 S-Class). Installation was easy, about 10 minutes.

Wolfgang

Reply to
wolfgang

I want one.