Assuming it is the same as W201, W124 & W126, push it sideway.
This is how I do it:
1. Open either front door, then bend your upper body into the car.
2. Use one hand to hold the lower stem (not mirror), the other hand
holding the roof. The mirror base (or the top, the mounting base on the
roof) is spring loaded. Doing this can allow my whole body weight do
the work, slowly and in a controllable way.
3. Lean you body to push the mirrow toward the other door, while the
other hand holding the roof so you won't fall when the base comes out.
1. Slide one end of the spring into the bracket.
2. Hold a hammer on the metal end. Use the handle to push the other
side of spring into the bracket. In aonther word, the hammer looks like
an upside-down "T", and you push UP.
Once you get the point, this is a 5-minute job.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.