W123 Parking Brake Adjustment

When I release the parking brake the pedal does not move far enough to trip the switch and the light on the dash stays on. I can move the pedal up with my foot and the light will turn off but not always stay off.

Does this have something to do with the parking brake adjustment or is there a problem with the parking brake pedal assembly? I get about 10 clicks when applying the parking brake.

Is there any to get to the square head adjustment bolt without removing the heat shield and using a open end wrench?

Thanks

Reply to
Commuter