W123 squeaking....

When the car is ideling, I hear a lot of squeaking, I'm assuming it's my belts slipping or need to be replaced?

Drive belts get acquire a glaze as they age; that's what you're hearing. Replace the belts.
I have the same problem with my 280ce, the alternator belt squeaks/ whines when the lights/fan blower is on, but only when the car is idling in "D". It also lets out a yelp occasionally when starting the car. I have fixed the problem by the application of a spray belt dressing. this is best applied through a tube to the relevant pulley, as the belts are inaccessible.Spray down the tube and let it drip onto the pulley(s), crank the motor then repeat. it works a treat .The belt is probably in need of tightening, but this will wait until the scars on my knuckles heal from the last spanner wielding session. Good Luck, Nigel