W123 too cold or thermo stat stuck?

I'm in Utah and it's about 10-35 degrees here. I parked my '82 W123 for 2 weeks, and now when I'm driving, I can't get the temperature above 80. I am wondering if my thermostat is stuck open/closed or something. I replaced it

5 years ago. Usually it hovers between 80 and 100C, right? Is it just too cold?

Darrell

Reply to
Frank Burns

Check the sender in the block. Mine went very high resistance (>100k Ohms) It should be a few (2k ish) only.

Cheers... Rob.

"Frank Burns" wrote:

Reply to
Rob. Smith

Normal, 80 degrees C. is the specification.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

My experience with both the 300D and 300TD (I've owned 3) has been that the engines run a bit colder when the weather gets into the teens or below.

Reply to
Ed B