W123 turn signal click is dying!

My W123's turn signal is like dying, it used to be a crisp *CLICK* and now it seems like it struggles to click, like *cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick* like the mechanics of the signal are wearing out. I can't exactly pinpoint
where the sound it, but it sounds like it's around the center consol. what do I need to replace this mechanical clicking thing? what part is it?
Darrell
Hello,
It is the relay module. The slow clicking is due to the worn metal that "flip-flop" between two points.
I bet it's under the dashboard on the driver's side where lot of wiring harness converge.
Oliver
Darrell wrote:

Darrell,
You need to replace the emergency flasher switch which also controls the blinkers. It's the rectangular red thing on the center console. Just gently pry in out with a dull blade. But be careful not to pull abruptly. I'd try to clean the pins and reinstall to see I that does the trick. If not, buy a new one on the net. A Benz dealer with charge you the list price of $144 for this little gizmo. I bought mine on the net for half that. Here's the url where I bought mine: http://www.importeccatalog.com /
Toblin '79 300D 230K
He did not give the year of his 123. If it is early with the large hazard switch, then the flasher is in the hazard. But if it is around 83 and up, the flasher is a separate unit under the shifter wood forward of the shifter.

1982

Toblin wrote:

Right.
Juergen