W123 wipers stopped

Today the wipers stopped on my 1984 280e. What could be the possible causes?

They have never worked in internittent, and recently they had been acting as if 'slipping' - complete with a low screechy noise - when on the constant slow wiping setting.

Any ideas appreciated

VZ

Reply to
Vasili.Zaitsev1943

When I bought my 84 300D, the wipers worked. The next day, they didn't. I checked the fuse and it was good, old but good, and was going to start getting to the motor and switch assembly to troubleshoot things. Before I got to that I bought a set fuses to replace some bad ones. I went ahead and replaced all of them. Turns out, the wiper fuse was so corroded that it would not work. I cleaned the connections with a pencil eraser and installed the new fuse. Wipers work now. Don't know if this is the case with yours or not, but maybe this is helpful.

Reply to
DougS

Spot on there, Doug. It was the fuse. However, the wipers won't park and my local MOT station has failed it on that. Where is the parking mechanism on these things?

regards

VZ

Reply to
Vasili.Zaitsev1943