W124

Page 1 of 2
hi!
can anyone tell me what is the size of petrol-tank of mercedes W124 3 liters V6 diesel (about 100PM)? is it possible to consume only half of fuel per 1000km with this car?

regards Andre

They say that the tank holds 70 litres (9 of them are reserve). IIRC the w123 was available with a larger tank on demand (85 instead of 65 litres). I did not find such an option for the W124.
Frank

Armed with this info, drive till the reserve light comes on, go straight to the pumps and fill the sucker up. Now look at the pump reading, and add 9 (your reserve) to it - et voila, now you know how big your tank is ;)
300Essie
Yes, 70 litres sounds about right (I had a W124 a while ago).
What's the "100PM" mentioned by Andre?
DAS

is it PH in english?
regards Andre
I don't know. What does it mean? Write it out in your language.
DAS
And/or German, as you appear to be Polish...
:-) DAS

What's the difference who am I ? Do you know words in all languages discribbing engine power? that's what I meant....
regards Andre

Hi Andr, the right abbreviation for that is HP (Horsepower), while we Germans say PS (Pferdestaerken). I did not say anything about your mention of the fuel consumption, because, frankly I did not understand your question.
BTW: Welcome in the EU, it is good to have you with us.
Frank (Munich/Germany)

Thanks for the explaination :)

Thank you very much :) It is pleasure for us to be a part of UE but unfortunately nothing will change for us untill our government starts thinking logically....
Regards Andre
Andre, Frank has already answered your horsepower question as he was online before me, but as regards your other question, yes I (and other participants here) do know the word for horsepower in other languages, but maybe not in Polish :-) That is why I asked you for the full word in your language (or German, as a lot of Poles speak some German).
Did the sun shine more brightly on 1 May?
Europe is finally undivided as never before, even, I believe, compared with 100 years ago when the borders were last open.
DAS
Frank Kemper wrote:

That is right, no V6 diesel but inline only with the W124s.

W123 sedan and coupe: Most had the 65 litre tank as standard, 280 and 280E as well as 250 from July 1981 on and 280C, 280CE, 300CD and 300CD Turbodiesel had the 80 litre tank as standard.
With all those W123 which had the 65 litre tank as standard the 80 litre tank was available as an option.
IIRC in e. g. Australia _all_ W123 sedan and coupes had the 80 litre tank as standard.
W123 T-model: Tank was always 70 litres, no bigger tank option.

W124: All sedans had 70 litre tanks a standard, except 400E, E420, 500E, E500 and E60 AMG which had 90 litres as standard.
All T-models had 72 litres, all coupes and cabrios (incl. the E36 AMGs) had 70 litres.
All above info for GERMAN market cars except where stated otherwise.
Juergen - 1982 W123 240D auto Euro sedan w/65 litre tank
On Tue, 18 May 2004 11:34:10 +0200, "Andre"

including reserve, it is a little more than 21 US gallons, you do the conversion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

so its 80.
is it possible for such a big car with only 100PM engine to use only 4 liters per km?
regards Andre
On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:53:54 +0200, "Andre"

drives, again you do the conversions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

what is mpg?
regards Andre
Miles per gallon.
1 US gallon = 3.79 l
1 Imperial gallon (as used in the UK and everywhere else where there is a gallon) = 4.55 l.
DAS

you seem to be wrong.... 1 gallon is about 3.5 l..... but thanks for the rest.
regards Andre

damn... I really sorry.... it's too late for me I guess...
so what should I use- Us gallons or not?
regards Andre
I used US gallons and for you it's 7.3l/100km but both city and highway. I used my W124 almost only on highway but I think it 's impossible to use about 4 liters per 100km. what do you think?
regards Andre